Tuesday, February 28, 2012

From the Beginning

I met Peter when I was 15 years old. It was at a summer camp. He was the best looking boy I had ever met, he was Canadian (which made him a little mysterious), seemed very classy and downright perfect. He and his two brothers were the talk of the camp and the most sought after boys in our small church community. Peter's dad was the pastor of the largest church in our denomination and the last name very well known. And there it is, the second red flag: religiosity.


I fell head over heals with Peter: The first boy I kissed. He was shy and happy to have me pursue him. Peter was very intense and very interested in everything I did.


I started to borrow clothes from my best friend to impress Peter and prepare for our visits. I was a "red neck" and he was from an "important" family so I needed to present a good and perfect front for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Positive feedback and helping those that have experienced the same tragedies are what keeps me going.