Sunday, September 29, 2013

Life on the Other Side: A Love Story

A lot has happened this summer, preventing me from blogging. Jason was transferred from almost 4,000 miles away. I moved from my previous location, with Warren, 10 hours away, and in with Jason. I gave my renters over a month and lived in tense silences and anger I could feel, which was much worse than if they had just talked about it or confronted me; even yelling at me would've been better.  I know it stunk for them. A few weeks before the move, my toilet leaked bringing up the pleasant smell of animal urine from years before. Jason paid to have my entire house re-carpeted. If anyone knows the trials of selling items on Craig's List...it's a part time job and the haggling is very tiresome. But, I sold most of what I owned, the night before I moved, finally my washer and dryer. My brother flew in and packed my 10 foot truck while I sat in court with Peter, on the phone again, avoiding his responsibilities. It was both scary and exciting. I had lived in that area for 19 years; it was the only place Warren had ever known. I was able to maintain my current position with a slight reduction in pay and teach my class as a web-based course.

It was the best decision I could've made for my son and me. Physical health is obviously interrelated to emotional and mental health. Warren has gained 19 pounds and grown 4 inches. He doesn't have any digestive issues anymore and rarely wets the bed. He eats whatever we cook and is an overall well behaved, adjusted and healthy boy. He loves his new school and is thriving, running over two miles most days (they have PE and an option to run every day). He went from being one of the smallest boys in his class at school to being one of the biggest. He is strong, confident, speaks up for himself, popular (we have kids running through our house whenever we allow it); he smiles all the time. I love being Warren's mom and tell him every day.

Today, we have had a typical peaceful Sunday. I've sat on the porch grading papers watching Jason close our pool. He works so hard around the house. Peter's idea of working around the house was proudly trimming the shrubs leaving the scraps for me to gather, which is a good picture of our union. I do not take Jason for granted and am thankful for everything he does. And my gratefulness is reciprocated; I am thanked and loved tenderly, daily. My work productivity has increased exponentially.

Now, a group of neighborhood boys have congregated on our back porch to watch Jason practice shooting his compound bow, from now 60 yards. He is the Super Hero of the neighborhood. Jason is a well decorated, yet humble, Navy SEAL. So for those of you who have become convinced that they could never do better, as I was told instead of being loved and cherished....keep reading....the love story…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Positive feedback and helping those that have experienced the same tragedies are what keeps me going.