Friday, March 21, 2014

A Response from a Dear Friend about My Awakening

This is from a friend that walked with me through my chapter of "My Worst Fears." 

Your naïveté existed before as a coping mechanism. It is cracking. You are beginning to see, you don't need it anymore. Because you have survived your own horrors, you know deep down, you will survive this. Because you have survived, you will understand. Because you have sought justice in your own life, you will help others find the justice they need. Because you have sought justice, you can take off those rose colored glasses. See through your former naïveté. Rest gentle, find shelter and joy in the love you have found in your life. You have worked so hard. You have come so far. I have watched some of this transformation. You have tools to help you survive this harsh reality now. So come out and see this world you've worked so hard to make for yourself. All my love. I'll be thinking of you. 

It's a self-preservation mechanism. It's easy to get triggered when you see things like what you see involving domestic violence. But you have done so much wonderful work to make your life a safe place to live, both for you and your family. You don't need to hide. You can come out now. Share with the ones you've learned are safe to let in. Lean on them. Let in their light. I love you more than I can show, as far away as I am living. If I could, I would love to take you to coffee. I would love to give you a big, reassuring hug. This is all I can do. I'm holding you up to the Light of the Universe right now. Love you today and always..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Positive feedback and helping those that have experienced the same tragedies are what keeps me going.